Our Employer - Employment Partnership service enables you to "find a job for you and your partner" in the coastal communities of Furness. It is designed to assist:
- people coming into the area for the first time;
- local residents;
- people keen to return to the area;
- individuals returning to Furness after leaving the armed services.
"Discover Barrow and Furness"(at www.discoverbarrow.co.uk) detailing places to live, health, education and leisure facilities complements this service.
The Employer - Employment Partnership job access service also matches the skill needs of employers with individuals' skills, enabling incoming and existing companies to recruit or acquire the skills they need.
Your access to our Experienced Employer-Employment Partnership (Job Access) Team and to a new job is made easy. The team, shown below, are only a telephone call away at 01229 820611. You can drop in to see them any day of the working week at the drop-in centre, 242, Dalton Road, Barrow in Furness. You could telephone text or email them.
Thomasina McNaughton, the Employer-Employment Partnership (Job Access) Team Leader email@example.com leads our team of Employer Employment Partnership (Job Access) Advisors and Nicola Dunn, the Employer Employment Partnership (Job Access) Coordinator shown below:
Helen Thomas Christine Tickle Jean Asbury Nicola Dunn Thomasina McNaughton
This Employer - Employment Partnership job access team helps all local residents to prepare for, and to seek jobs, including-
- those who may be seeking to change jobs;
- those return to work after starting a family;
- those who are or have recently been unemployed;
- recent graduates and school leavers seekin their first job;
- individuals leaving the armed services;
- ethnic groups and disabled
It also helps individuals to acquire new skills so they can source better jobs.
Skilled people and their families who are considering moving to Furness can use the service to receive help before, and when they relocate here.
Job vacancies are promoted:
- on our website;
- at 242 Dalton Road, Barrow whwere we have a drop in centre;
- on a mobile phone /Ipad app from 1st December 2012
- in partnership with Jobcentreplus
The core services available are confidential to you, and will assist you and/or your partner to:
- find work in Furness;
- build your confidence , perfect your CV writing
- obtain advice,guidance on job options emerging in Furness;
- apply for discretionary up-skill bursaries to facilitate participation in traing leading to a qualification certificate
- enable individuals leaving the armed services to identify career and job opportunities, in companies based in Furness.
General Jobs Fairs can be arranged to enable large groups of people to find out about a number of employers recruitment needs at one go.
Bespoke Jobs Fairs are also useful ways for individual employers to a seek the skills they need.
Our most recent jobs fair event which took place on 14 September at the Forum, Barrow saw 595 individuals seek jobs with 10 employers.
Discretionary up-skilling bursaries and grants can be provided to help individuals to acquire new skills.
Clients feedback about our Job Access services:
"The Workshop helped me get my forklift truck qualification, which I am very grateful for, and I have now got a job."
"Is a very positive and supportive organisation highly recommended!"
"They helped by being supportive and I have been able to do the course with peace of mind. If it wasn't for them and the childcare they provided, I wouldn't have been able to cope."
"My advisor set me up on a business training course and helped with some equipment to get me started. Without her I wouldnt have even known where to look for help."
"I am now gaining experience for a future job in my chosen career. The Workshop has given me the chance to find my potential which as a consequence has given me the confidence and motivation to look forward to the future."
"I recommended them to my son, an invaluable service."
"They did not push me but encouraged and motivated me. I now have a job working in a completely different setting using other skills that at first I did not recognise I had."
"They always go out of their way to help you."
"I received a personal service and as a result of the help my confidence has improved."
"They are receptive to change and new ideas."
"They provide a joined up service and work on a strategic level with other community services." (Matrix Quality Standard Assessment, September 2010)